I love cabbage, and this recipe is my favorite one… and don’t worry about Weight watchers smart points because this unstuffed cabbage rolls recipe come only with 3 weight watchers smart points.
[ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8 | 3 Smart Points