Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 182 | Fat: 3g | Protein: 15g | 24g carbohydrates| 5g fiber | Smart Points 5 |.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cored and chopped
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup fat-free beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage and let cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and onion, and cook until just softened a bit, about 2 minutes.
- Add in pork and some salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned
- Stir in diced tomatoes, sauerkraut, tomato paste, broth, vinegar, sugar, thyme, and paprika.
- Lower heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in rice and cabbage and mix well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired and let simmer another 5 minutes to heat up.