Skinny Meatloaf: The skinny for 1 serving, 214 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
- 1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
- 1½ slices whole wheat bread, remove crusts (I used Milton’s Multigrain bread)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef.
- To make breadcrumbs: remove crust, break up bread and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs.
- To the beef, add the bread crumbs, onions, egg whites, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients.
- Place the meat mixture on the baking sheet and free form a loaf by hand. It should be about 12”x4.”
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients. Spread all over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 10 slices (2 slices for each serving)
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 6
Weight Watchers Points Plus 5
214 calories, 5g fat, 1.6g sat. fat, 48mg chol, 23g protein, 20g carbs, 2g fiber, 487mg sodium, 8g sugar