Nutritional information: Servings: 11 | Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 16 | Fat: 7 g | Sat Fat: 3 g | Carb: 1 g | Fiber: 0 g | Protein: 20 g | Sugar: 0 g | Points +: 4 | Smart Points: 3 |.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder blade roast, trimmed
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp season, homemade works too
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into sliver
- 1/4 tsp dry adobo seasoning, Goya can be used
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Use salt and pepper to season pork. Add port in a large skillet and brown all sides on high heat for about 5 minutes. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
- Make a cut about 1-inch deep in the meat with a sharp knife, and insert the garlic slivers.
- You can do this all over. Once again, season the entire pork with the season, cumin, oregano, adobo, and garlic powder.
- In the crockpot, add chipotle, pour chicken broth, peppers, and mix.
- Add bay leaves before placing pork in the Instant Pot.
- Cook covered in a the pressure cooker by setting on high pressure with the meat button for 50 minutes.
- When the pressure is released, shred pork with two forks and combine well with the remaining juices at the bottom.
- Adjust cumin, after removing bay leaves. Add adobo and mix well.