Nutrition Information: 115 calories, 1.6g fat, 0.2g sat. fat, 19mg chol, 18g protein, 18g carbs, 1g fiber, 317mg sodium, 3g sugar
- 1 package (1.25 pounds) 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1 slice whole wheat or multigrain bread or ½ cup store-bought breadcrumbs
- 1 cup onions, finely diced
- 1 egg, I used Egg-Land’s Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
- ⅓ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Since this recipe makes 9 meatloaf muffins, you’ll only fill 9 not 12. Set aside.
- To make breadcrumbs: Toast 1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread. Place in blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, onions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup barbecue sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Using your hands or a large spoon, thoroughly mix together until well blended.
- Add meatloaf mixture to the 9 muffin cups, flattening out the tops.
- Top each meatloaf muffin with ¾ tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread evenly over top.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen it from pan. Remove to a serving plate.
Makes 9 meatloaf muffins (1-2 muffins per serving)
Smart Points: 2
Points Plus: 4