Nutrition informations: Serving size: 1 muffin | Smart Points: 4 | Per serving: | Calories: 147 Kcl | Fat: 5 g | Saturated fat: 2 g | Carbs: 6 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 2 g | protein: 18 g.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ lb raw ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg whites
- 6 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- ½ a small onion, grated or chopped small
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of black pepper
- ¾ cup of Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup of pasta sauce
- ¾ cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese with 2% fat reduction
- dried parsley, oregano or basil (Optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Use a cooking spray to mist slightly a muffin tin before setting it aside.
- Put into a large bowl the following ingredients: ground chicken, egg whites egg, breadcrumbs, basil, thyme, garlic, oregano, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese and mix lightly together. Do not over handle.
- Introduce an equal amount of meat mixture into each one of 12 cups of the prepared muffin tin.
- Pour the same amount of pasta sauce over the tops of each muffin.
- After 20 minutes of baking, remove from the oven.
- Each muffin should be topped with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese before re-introducing it into the oven for 2 or 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- If required, it can be garnished.