To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 6 cups (about 24 oz) cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat shredded cheddar
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp; set aside on a paper towel then crumble.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil and add cauliflower and garlic.
- Boil until the cauliflower is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and return to the pot.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the buttermilk, butter, salt, and pepper to the cauliflower and purée with a hand blender.
- If you don’t own a hand blender, a regular blender would work fine as well.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the chives and transfer to 4 individual casseroles (3/4 cups each) or one 8 x 8 casserole dish and top with cheddar and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes then top with remaining chives.
Servings: 4 | Size: 3/4 cup | Points+: 3 pts | Smart Points: 2 | Calories: 112 | Fat: 5.5 g | Carb: 10 g | Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 1.5 g| Sugar: 0 g | Sodium: 107 g (without the salt).