Weight Watchers Easy Eggplant Parmagiana!!!
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium to large eggplant peeled
- 2 egg
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 lb (900g) jar or can of marinara sauce
- 1 lb (500g) mozzarella cheese sliced
- Cut eggplant into ½”slices, place in a bowl in layers, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- Let stand for half an hour, then dry on paper towels.
- Mix egg, water, and flour. Dip eggplant slices in batter and sauté in hot olive oil in skillet.
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- In slow cooker, layer approximately one-fourth of the eggplant slices, one-fourth of crumbs, one-fourth of the marinara sauce, and one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat until you’ve made four layers of each.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 5 hours.