|1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1⁄4 cup water|
|2 tsp margarine|
|2 medium firm ripe pear, about 1 lb|
|2 tbsp low-fat vanilla yogurt|
|2 tsp sliced almond, toasted|
- Prep 10 min
- Cook 55 min
- Ready 65 min
- Combine brown sugar, water and margarine in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Remove pan from heat; set carmel mixture aside.
- Peel and core pears; cut pears in half lenghtwise.
- Arrange pear halves, cut side up, in an 8 inch square baking dish; drizzle caramel mixture over pears.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place 2 pear halves in each of 2 dessert dishes; spoon caramel mixture evenly over pears.
- Top each serving with 1 tbls yogurt and 1 tsp almonds.
- Per serving: 16 SmartPoints; 9 PointsPlus; 6 POINTS (old)
Recipe originally inspired by Food.com with 5-star rating and 11 reviews.
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 318||Calories from Fat 60|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 67g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|