This is one of my top cabbage recipes. It’s healthy and so good. This is a delightful soup to warm your – body and soul – on a cold day. The combination of the cabbage, Tomato and beef are very tasty.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 28 ounce can be diced or crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Assuming your electric pressure cooker has a saute option, or if using the Instant Pot, press the saute button and let the pressure cooker gets very hot, when hot spray with oil, add the ground beef and salt and cook until browned breaking the meat up into small pieces as it cooks, 3 to 4 minutes.
- When browned, add the onion, celery, and carrots and saute 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock, and bay leaves, lock the lid cook high pressure 20 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally. Remove bay leaves and serve. Makes 11 cups.
Yield: 7 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Smart Points: 3 | Points +: 4 | Calories: 181 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 592mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4.5g | Protein: 15.5g|.