- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper strips, (optional 1 bell pepper roasted, see below)
- 4 sweet onion slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 tablespoon soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 (small slices) whole grain artisan bread
- Roasted Pepper Instructions
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place whole bell peppers on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Turn peppers over every 10 minutes. Cook approximately 30 minutes or until skins are charred. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl and cover with foil to seal in the steam. After 45 minutes remove core, seeds, and peelings and discard.
- Slice peppers into 1″ vertical strips.
- Brush oil evenly over one side of bread slices. Heat either a Panini press or nonstick skillet to 350 degrees or medium heat.
- The Add to dry side of 4 slices of bread: roasted pepper strips, onion, tomato, goat cheese, thyme, and salt pepper.
- Place another slice of bread on top, oil side up.
- Heat Panini until bread is crispy and all the ingredients are hot.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 219
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Trans Fats: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 7 mg
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Dietary fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
SmartPoints value : 7