Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 20 mins
A delicious sweet honey glaze that gives your ham the perfect flavor!
- 1 (5 pound) ham
- 2 cup honey
- ⅔ cup butter
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- whole cloves (optional about ¼ cup)
- Take ham out of the refrigerator and allow to rest at least 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare the glaze by heating honey, butter, dark corn syrup, and brown sugar in medium saucepan on medium low heat.
- Line a 9×13 in pan with aluminum foil. If scoring the ham, lightly score the top into diamond shapes and place the ham in the pan. If using whole cloves, put them in between the lines you scored, but remove before cutting and eating. Brush the glaze on top and create a foil tent over the ham. Bake the ham according to how many pounds you have. Usually 15 minutes per pound. Brush the glaze over the ham every 15 minutes.
- Once the ham is cooked, remove the foil tent and caramelize the top by turning the oven to broil and letting the ham get dark for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and pour remaining glaze over the top. Cut into thin slices and enjoy!