These 2 ingredient bagels are ALL the rage in my Weight Watchers group! I was so excited to try them for myself and I must say they are DELICIOUS, especially for 3 SP each on the Freestyle program (compared to 9-11 points for regular bagels).
2 Ingredient Bagels
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Mix flour and yogurt, knead together on a floured countertop – dough will be sticky.
- Roll out into rectangle (about 8×15). Starting at long side, roll out into a log. Divide evenly into 4 or 6 portions (see NOTES below).
- Add seasonings (see below under IDEAS).
- OPTIONAL: egg wash tops of bagels.
- Bake at 375 for at least 20 minutes.
- Some members reported that their bagels took 20 minutes to cook, while others said they took 25-28. You can broil for a few minutes at the end if you want them to be crispy.
Sweet bagel: add cinnamon and Splenda to the top
Savory bagel: add garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
“Everything” bagel: add dried onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, garlic powder
If you use the dough to make six bagels, they’re only 2 SP each. Four bagels, 3 SP each.
Add baking powder and salt if you are using anything other than self-rising flour. To make self rising flour from all purpose or whole wheat flour, mix 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
If you use wheat flour without the above additions, the bagels will turn out like “file folders”, according to one of the WW group members.
This dough is more like bread dough than dense bagel dough.
If using gluten-free flour, the dough will be crumbly. You have to knead it for 1 or 2 minutes on a floured counter. Then it will set up.
Source : slapdashmom.com